NCCAOM Reinstatement to Active Diplomate Certification Status
The NCCAOM has created a path to certification reinstatement for former Diplomates who are in terminated status. This route confirms competency through assessment and continuing education. Many of your questions can be answered in the Reinstatement – Frequently Asked Questions.
- Confirm previous NCCAOM certification
- Record on the application form all states in which you are practicing or have previously practiced
- Provide documentation of Clean Needle Technique, Safety and CPR coursework
- Pass the NCCAOM Reinstatement Examination for the designated certification(s)
- Complete a background check through FirstPoint
- NCCAOM Reinstatement Attestation: Read and sign in the presence of a witness. The attestation is included as part of the Reinstatement Application form
All fees are payable in United States ($) dollars. The application fee is non-refundable. Examination fees are paid directly to Pearson VUE at the time of exam registration.
- Application Fee: $100.00
- Acupuncture Reinstatement Examination Fee: $450.00
- Chinese Herbology Reinstatement Examination Fee: $450.00
- Oriental Medicine Reinstatement Examination Fee: $550.00
- Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology Reinstatement Examination Fee: $550.00
After meeting the above requirements, you will receive an Authorization to Test letter with details and instructions for exam registration. Exams will be administered through Pearson VUE during the following administration periods for 2017: March 13 – 25, June 12 – 24 and September 25 – October 7. The 2017 Reinstatement exam registration with Pearson VUE opens on November 1, 2016.