NOTICE: Call for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to Serve on NCCAOM Examination Content Development Committees
The NCCAOM is recruiting NCCAOM Certified Diplomates to serve on the 2024 Examination Content Development Committees for Acupuncture with Point Location, Biomedicine, Chinese Herbology, or Foundations of Oriental Medicine. We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible but no later than December 18, 2023.
As a first-time guest on an NCCAOM Examination Content Development Committee (ECDC), the guest will receive training on how to write high-quality, entry-level multiple-choice items for an NCCAOM examination. The guest must be able to participate in the annual in-person meeting (2.5 days) and virtual meetings (2-hours duration) throughout the year. As a guest on the ECDC, the expected commitment is one year with the possibility of being a full member with a three-year term and one reappointment.
Qualifications to serve on the NCCAOM Examination Content Development Committee:
- NCCAOM Diplomate in good standing
- Work at least an average of 20 hours per week in clinical practice and/or oversee students in a clinical setting
- Minimum of three years work experience as licensed acupuncturist
Diplomates involved in developing or teaching any NCCAOM exam preparation or review course or a current president, dean, or owner of an institution responsible for determining academic curriculum for acupuncture and herbal medicine programs are ineligible.
The benefits of serving on an NCCAOM Examination Content Development Committee are:
- Attendance at annual in-person NCCAOM ECDC meeting
- Enhance knowledge of the exam development process
- Build professional network while working with other NCCAOM Diplomates
- Earn Professional Development Activity (PDA) points
Interested candidates can apply directly via their NCCAOM Diplomate account through the NCCAOM Portal. For instructions on how to apply for the SME Guest opportunity, click here.