To continue to allow former Diplomates to return to active status, the NCCAOM has created a reinstatement policy to return to active status as more employers, hospitals and third-party payors now require NCCAOM Certification. The Reinstatement to Active NCCAOM® Certification is now available for all former Diplomates in terminated status.
All applicants will need to:
- Pass the Reinstatement Safety Evaluation consisting of 50 questions.
- Those who fail the Safety Evaluation will have to complete an additional 5 PDA points per each failed domain area.
Applicants who are terminated 8 years or longer will need to:
- Pass the Reinstatement Final Assessment.
- Those who fail the Final Assessment will have to complete an additional 5 PDA points in each failed domain area.
This is where we need your help! As a result of our research, specific courses are needed for those applicants who do not pass the Reinstatement Safety Evaluation and/or Final Assessment.
The following topics are in demand! Courses with these topics will be approved under the Safety and/or Ethics Recertification category:
- Vitamins: deficiencies and contraindications.
- Pharmaceuticals: deficiencies and precautions.
- OSHA: exposure control plan.
- HIPAA: definition.
- Informed Consent: components, authorization.
- Social Competency: benefits, skill development, social determinants of health.
- Cultural Competency: benefits, skill development.
- Patient Communication: core clinical skills, benefits, miscommunication, consequences.
- Adverse and Severe Events: needling, adverse reactions to Western medicine pharmaceuticals (Lisinopril, Acetaminophen, Hydrocodone, Fluoxetine).
- Mandatory Reporting: child abuse, suicide, sexual harassment, confidentiality, and record keeping.
- Referrals: emergencies and to other healthcare providers.
- Chinese herbs: storage, compounding, FDA restrictions, labeling and documentation, incompatibilities, contraindications and adverse events, toxicity.
Below are some tips to take into consideration when designing a course for reinstatement:
Are you a subject matter expert skilled in the topics mentioned above? Contact us at [email protected] for more information.